Formerly Parkfield Xtreme Radio, Ocean Youth was born in 2012. It is a youth-led online radio station and brings young people across Torbay together to make music and radio, build friendships and develop a creative and engaging social action community. Ocean Youth supports Torbay’s young people through helping them to share experiences through broadcasting content on topics such as anxiety, sexual abuse, bullying, addiction, and stress.
Ocean Youth’s studio is currently based at Paignton Library however it’s outreach programme, Radio Routes, travels to youth clubs across Torbay. Ocean Youth has broadcast at many community events including 4 FM broadcasts at Grinagog, The Ageing Well Festival and around Paignton Carnival. Since the station began we’ve had over 40000 online listens.
We want to thank all of the organisations that have helped or committed to help young people in the bay create fun and interesting radio to improve the landscape for everyone.
Get involved – tune in – and take part in radio for the youth community of Torbay!
- To connect young people across Torbay
- To improve health and well-being of Torbay’s young people
- To develop young people’s aspirations and skills
- To increase awareness of events and support for young people
- To develop intergenerational understanding in Torbay